Transport & Mobility Leuven NV (TML) conducts applied research to support policy decisions. It is our mission to help society by offering scientifically sound analyses. To this end, we rely on quantitative research: modelling, statistical analyses, simulations, and prognoses.
Our research fields are traffic, passenger and freight transport and the related economic impact and environmental problems. The integration between passenger and freight transport, economics and environment gives us a unique position within Europe.
Transport & Mobility Leuven was founded in 2002. The largest shareholder is KU Leuven. Their expertise has been combined and further applied to support policy decisions. Our excellent relation with our shareholders guarantees that TML is always up-to-date with the most recent state-of-the-art.
Our focus is both scientific and practical: we are the bridge between the university and society. Our clients are the European Commission, national governments and administrations, local and regional authorities as well as sector associations and non-profit organizations. They base their policy on our analyses and prognoses.
We conduct our projects with great concern for independence and openness. Transport & Mobility Leuven is not associated with road construction companies, economic sectors or political parties. We think it is important to communicate self-critically and openly on our methods and sources. We clearly communicate not only our end results, but also our intermediate results and methods. Our research results thus instil insight and trust, and can thus be defended.
Consult our sales conditions.
Trade register registration number: HR Leuven 108.377
VAT number: BE 0476.966.024
- TML is a member of Telematics Cluster/ITS Belgium, Griet De Ceuster is board member (http://www.its.be)
- TML is a member of BIVEC, Griet De Ceuster is board member.
- TML is a member of the Flemish Institute for Mobility (VIM - http://www.vim.be)
- Griet De Ceuster is one of the 500 Flemish 'captains of society' of Flanders in Action (VIA - http://www.vlaandereninactie.be)
- TML is a member of T2M, the International Association for the History of Transport, Traffic and Mobility (http://www.t2m.org)
- Sven Maerivoet works as an expert for the Advisory Board of the Flemish Institute for Mobility (VIM)
- TML is a member of Flanders' MAKE (http://ww.flandersmake.be)