Academic TML-KUL Lunch Seminars on Transport Policy
KUL and TML joined their transport seminars in a new series of events, now also open for external participants. We foresee to have 20 seminars per year, on a variety of transport related topics.
On invitation only, limited number of seats available. If you want to be invited, please contact
4 June 2012:
- Ben Immers (TRAIL): Mobility matters (on the evolution of mobility patterns)
31 May 2012:
- Alejandro Tirachini (University of Sidney): Multimodal pricing and optimal design of public transport services. The interplay between traffic congestion and bus crowding.
21 May 2012:
- Matthieu de Lapparent (IFSTTAR, Paris): Spatial effects of the "Métro du Grand Paris": application of a prototype RELU-TRAN approach
2 April 2012:
- William Rendall: Chispa, a public auto-mobile transport system that operates purpose-built, electric cars
- Bart Egeter: P+R Plus, a network approach to Park&Ride
26 March 2012:
- Christophe Heyndrickx (TML): Regional and trade effects of the Russian Accession to the WTO, an analysis with the SUST-RUS model
12 March 2012:
- Dr. Sven Maerivoet (TML): The economic, environmental and traffic effects in the Walloon region of a driving restriction for trucks on Sunday
27 February 2012:
- Prof. Stef Proost (KUL): How to decide on regional infrastructure to achieve intra-regional acceptability and inter-regional consensus?
13 February 2012:
- Dr. Jasper Knockaert (VU Amsterdam): Long-Run vs. Short-Run Perspectives on Consumer Scheduling: Evidence from a Revealed-Preference Experiment among Peak-Hour Road Commuters
23 January 2012:
- Wim Benoot (KUL): Strategic fuel efficiency policies.
- Dr. Isaak Yperman (TML): Commuting by motorcycle: impact analysis
9 January 2012:
- Dr. Bart Vannieuwenhuyse (Tri-Vizor): Carpooling for cargo. Behind the scenes of the ‘World’s First Showcase of Orchestrated Horizontal Collaboration’
- Kris Vanherle (TML): Road versus short sea shipping: comparing emissions and external costs
5 December 2011:
- Dr. Maria Börjesson (CST Stockholm, Sweden): Stockholm congestion charge, 4 years later.
- Angelo Martino (TRT, Italy): Milano: from pollution charge to congestion charge.
21 November 2011:
- Ruben Corthout (KUL): Assessment of variable speed limits around Antwerp.
- Griet De Ceuster (TML): Cost and benefits of closing the Antwerp ringway (Oosterweel and Meccano trajects).
7 November 2011:
- Dr. Ioulia Ossokina (CBP, Netherlands): Valuation of traffic externalities.
- Dr. Eef Delhaye (TML): External cost of transport in Flanders.
24 October 2011:
- Kristof Carlier (TML): The World Container Model
- Arjen van Diepen (TU Delft, Netherlands): Predicting effects of global long term scenarios on container throughput of the Port of Rotterdam